26th Hampshire Country Fair featuring The 16th English Open Chainsaw Competition 2020
6th June – 7st June 2020
Netley Marsh Showground, Netley Marsh, Hants SO40 7GY
Advanced Tickets: Adults £15 – Over 65s £14 – Children 5-15 £5
Save money and buy your advance tickets here…….
The 16th English Open Chainsaw Competition held for the first time at The Hampshire Country Fair. An International Competition with Carvers from as far as Japan, U.S.A, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Wales, Scotland and England.
Each will create a main competition piece with speed carvings throughout the day in the dedicated chainsaw carving arena.
For a full list of the carvers please click here…….
Three dedicated arenas with a whole variety of exciting and informative displays, from Jonathan Marshall’s ‘Free Spirits’ show – an astounding display of horsemanship and falconry to exhilarating horseboarding.
Something for everyone all day long at Hampshire Country Show, so bring a deck chair and make yourselves comfortable.
- Horse-boarding – Thrills and spills as this year’s dramatic season gets underway.
- Scurry Trials and Driving – Some of the best scurry driving teams in the UK
- Falconry – Watch our amazing birds of prey in action
- Chase the Bunny – A fun competition for all dogs who like to chase (*not a real bunny!)
- Gun Dog Displays – Paul Makepeace and his team demonstrating how a gun dog is taught from puppyhood to trialling, and typical day on the shoot
- Falconry Displays
- Horse Logging – The displays are given by Tom & Jo Henfrey and son, the home of “Park Percherons”, Percherons are one of the oldest draft horses in the world originating in western France.
- Working ferrets – Simon Pakefield shows you how he uses ferrets in the wild
- Shadowquest Dog Display Team – at work and play with a dramatic fiery ending
- Falconry and Gun Dog Displays – a working partnership with handlers Chris Neal (birds) and Paul Makepeace (dogs)
- Chase the Bunny – a fun competition for all dogs who like to chase (*not a real bunny!)
- Junior Casting Competition – with Peter Johnston
- Pinxton Puppets – Will Red Riding Hood escape the big bad wolf again?
A specialist full time arena dedicated solely to dogs, with displays of all types, from working gun dogs, to fire jumping obedience. Surrounding this are a variety of activities your dog will love, from gun dog multi scurries to a fun dog show. Something for every dog and every dog lover! (please be aware however that with the shooting and dummy launching there are some loud bangs all day, so if they are nervous it might be kinder to leave them in the kitchen with a big bone!)
- Arena displays: Gun dog training and Walk Up Shoot (Paul Makepeace), Hounds, minor breed parade, Chase the Bunny, Support dogs…
- Fun Dog Show– all welcome: classes for any size, age, breed or non breed. Putting the fun back into dog shows
- Lurchers (Lure Crazy) – racing, coursing and showing
- Gun Dog Multi Scurries (Scurry Bandits) – if your dog loves to retrieve, come and have a go against the clock!
- Gun dog training clinic, run by Anthea Shelley
- Minor Breeds: Cesky Terriers, otterhounds and more tbc
Come and watch our magnificent birds of prey in action – and meet them in our dedicated falconry area.
Lots of fun and entertainment for children and families dotted all around the showground. At Hampshire Country Show some of the highlights are;
- Racing ferrets – have a flutter on your favourite
- Fiery Jack’s Old Fashioned Games Emporium – have a break, play a game. You will be amazed how long you end up staying and no technology involved!
- The Strange Thing – be entertained by our on site magician and come and see The Strange Thing. Can you work out what it really is?
- Falconry Village – meet our birds of prey and see them in action
- Hamsters – Cute and furry, come and meet the hamsters and their expert handlers
- Children’s entertainments – all the fun of the fair, donkey rides, panning for gold and more
- Pinxton Puppets – Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs (two shows)
- Original Lonestar – Wild west reenactment
A mini festival within the main Hampshire Country Show. The food halls will feature a line up of local and regional speciality food and drink producers, with particular focus on British food provenance.
The Piazza is that special area where you can come to eat and relax in the main catering marquee and real ale marquee or the smaller food specialist vendors.
Be entertained by our chefs on stage presenting a wide range of recipes and culinary skills.
To be confirmed
We generally have six to eight unique chainsaw carvers on site to entertain you. Over the weekend they will carve a main piece, and also take part in thirty minute speed carves. It’s amazing to see what can be achieved in just half an hour, and all these pieces are immediately sold off at auction, so you could go home with a very special feature for your garden or conservatory.
Carvers to be confirmed
Interested in fishing or field sports, but never quite got round to it? Take part in free 20minute
fishing sample sessions with our instructors from the Angling Trust and Salmon and Trout Association; or have a go at archery or air rifles
- Air Rifles – ATEO
- Salmon & Trout Conservation U.K.
- Angling Trust – free twenty minute one to one dry skills lessons
- Rod Making
- Angling demonstrations
- Fly Tying Competition
A series of marquees form the Craft Village, a popular area of the show where artists, deigners and craftsmen exhibit, demonstrate and sell a wide variety of handcrafted items and gifts. Always plenty of working demonstrations, and at Hampshire Country Show we have:
The Shopping Experience
Around the arenas are rows of individual trade exhibitors selling a range of items, country clothing and accessories, footwear, garden, home and leisure products, country sports equipment and accessories. Always nice to go home from a show with something, and you will be spoilt for choice