May 29th, 30th & 31st 2021
Book you tickets for your chosen day. Please remember tickets are limited this year and the event will be following government guidelines as set at the time of the event. We thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you all again.
Burghley Game & Country Fair Show Information
Admission At The Show:
Please note that Advanced Tickets
Adults . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . £15.00
Over 65’s . . . . . . . . . . . . . . £14.00
Child (5-15 incl) . . . . . . . . . £4.00
For Advanced Tickets and savings please see below
Date and Time
Sat, 29 May 2021, 10:00 –
Mon, 31 May 2021, 18:00 BST
Set within the beautiful surroundings of Burghley House, Stamford. This show has grown to be a favourite with locals offering excellent country sports demonstrations and arena displays. This year will be different and following the government roadmap this event will be subject to the government guidelines set at the time of the event. We expect this to include a limit on visitor numbers into the event each day and as a result the event has been extended from a two day event to three days for to be able to proceed and control this.
Unfortunately, this does mean that some of your favourite arena events will be unable to join us this year but we hope that you will still be able to enjoy all on offer and stay safe.
The World of Dogs offers the very best in dog displays accompanied by a gun dog clinic, multi-scurry, fun dog show, chase the bunny, lurcher racing and showing. Something for every dog lover and country enthusiast, so don’t leave your dog at home.
There is also the opportunity to have a go at clay shooting weather your a novice, beginner or an expert with your own gun there is tuition and advice on hand. The shooting village offers field archery and a range of airgun disciplines with ATEO – Airgun training and education organisation.
While the Food Glorious Food offers a range of selected national and local food producers and specialist street foods and drinks. Here you will find the country kitchen hosting a number of cookery demonstrations throughout the day – the perfect place to relax and unwind.
A large craft village with craft marquees and craft demonstrations such as Glass Blowing, Blacksmiths and Chainsaw Carving is the perfect place to buy that unique gift. With country clothing, quality country trade stands and children’s amusements we can offer you an unbeatable family day out in the stunning grounds of Burghley House.
Dogs are very welcome – All we would ask is that you keep them on a lead (unless they are participating in an organised event) and that you clear up after them. Please do not leave dogs unattended in hot cars.
*Please be aware that there are a lot of loud bangs on the site in the vicinity of the gun dog scurries (from the dummy launcher) and in the clay shooting area at some shows. If your dog is stressed by loud bangs it may be kinder to leave them at home.
Burghley Game and Country Fair and Covid-19
Provisional Advice and Conditions of Entry to the Event
This will form the basis of Visitor information sheet used on our website, social media outlets and direct emails to advanced ticket holders.
To comply with Government Guidelines and Advice at the time of the Event
Entry / Attending the Show
- The show has been extended by a day – this is to spread its attendance over three days instead of the usual two and control the limited visitor numbers to the show set by the government guidelines at the time of the event.
- Entry to the show has changed to encourage advanced ticket sales for guaranteed entry on the day of your choice and provide electronic data for track and trace.
- Attendees information will need to be manually recorded or the NHS QR code and App used to record entry should advanced ticket platform Eventbrite not be used.
- The NHS QR Code will be made available to anyone entering the show should they wish to use it, even if data has already been recorded via advanced ticket sales.
- Advanced tickets to the show will be scanned upon entry, by LH door staff or security.
- Upon arrival to the show entry points a combination of crowd control barriers, markers and security stewards will be used to control and maintain social distancing in queues. Road cones and stakes to be used to indicate 2m distancing which is to be observed.
- Hand sanitizers will be available on entry to the show and sited around the show site. We do however, advise that you bring along your own hand sanitizer for your own use.
- Social bubbles will be welcome and groups attending will be determined by the number set in the Government Guidelines at the time of the event. We are currently working on 6 (Initial roadmap indicates up to 30)
- Anyone feeling unwell should not attend the show.
- Anyone arriving to the show and looking unwell may be refused entry to the show.
In the Show
- Hand sanitizers will be located in prime locations including toilet areas, catering areas etc.
- Queuing system (using cones / markers and crowd control barriers) to be used around the show where needed.
- Walkways will be wider to enhance social distancing
- Event Marshalls and Security will have a large presence in the show and will monitor social distancing and be on hand to give advice.
- Social distancing between Exhibitors – please consider others when visiting stands
- The main arena will house separate viewing pads around its perimeter, these will have limited numbers in each section to achieve social distancing and will be monitored and maintained by security.
- The cookery demonstration kitchen (if present) will have arranged seating for individual bubbles, entry will be limited and controlled by security on entry points into the marquee.
- Catering Areas to have socially distancing seating with the use of picnic benches.
- One-way systems may be in place in pinch point areas including the lion bridge. Please observe signage and security in these areas.
- Reduction in main show attractions to reduce crowd density
- No large enclosed marquees, to be replaced with open marquees or market style exhibits.
Exit the Show
- Follow the exit signs and leave via the Exit
- Please observe the rules when returning to your car and maintain social distancing
- Drive home safely
- Extra bins and litter pickers will be present at the show.
- Cleaning of surfaces including tables, benches and touch surfaces will be cleaned before, during and after each show day.
- Toilets will be chemically cleaned before and during the show. Please note that this may include closing of toilets while in operation so please be patient.
Enhanced First Aid
Our first aid team will be enhanced to cover all eventualities including suspect Covid cases. The first aid point will be identified with first aid flags and banners, marquees, an Ambulance and emergency vehicles and will be located in a prominent position.
Should you require first aid at the show you will be assessed for the appropriate treatment and taken to the non-covid or covid treatment marquee.
Emergency vehicles and ambulance may be used onsite should it be needed.
Please be aware that the first aiders will be in full PPE or even full hazmat equipment.
Should you feel unwell before arriving to the show please stay at home.
Signage from entering Car Parks to leaving the event will centre on
- Social Distancing
- Limiting Multitouch surfaces
- Specific visitor instructions
- Traffic flow, one ways (e.g. Lion Bridge), queuing, entry and egress points and emergency evacuation points
- Litter signs on picnic benches and in catering areas to use provided bins
- Enjoy the Show
- Follow all the information and directional signs at the show
- Please keep 2m from others
- Respect and consider others
- Keep all Dogs in control and on a lead
- Please remember that all of the extra measures are to keep you, exhibitors, security and all Living Heritage Staff safe. We hope to see you all again next year and hope that we can bring you back the show that we all love and remember with less covid restrictions.
We have disabled loos and we will attempt to park you as close to the entrance as possible (speak to the car park attendant when you arrive). Please be aware that the show is held on grassed open ground.
Advanced Mobility will be attending this show and will have mobility scooters available for hire. You are advised to pre-book either call or visit the web site https://www.advanced-mobility.co.uk/events-summary